The Warpath

Celebrity Look-a-Likes

BY ANDRE MELLING AND NICK PAYIATIS

The students who attend Mariemont High School are often mistaken for common look-alikes. Whether one refers to them as their doppelganger, twin, or just a look-alike, students admit to sharing similar appearance.

courtney lilo

PHOTO BY DUNNING

Courtney Dunning (left) and Lilo Pelekai (right)

Lilo Pelekai is a Disney character who stars in her movie, Lilo and Stitch Some consider Lilo a Disney princess, but all recognize her look-alike, Courtney Dunning. Above is Dunning pictured circa 2005. “I don’t know,” stated Dunning when asked about how she felt on the matter. This look-alike was brought up by junior Zach Keith who saw the similarities while watching the Disney movie.

bobby keisuke

PHOTO BY MELLING

Bobby Dennerll (right) and Keisuke Honda (left) 

Honda is a world-renowned soccer player, a Japanese international who currently plays for AC Milan. He has found the net in the last two World Cups while playing for Japan and has come to world attention for his performances on such a stage. “I watched him play the World Cup and he was easily the best player on the Japanese national team,” said Dennerll. Bobby believes he is similar to him not only in looks, but also in his play style on the pitch.

Bo Burnham charlie

PHOTO BY MELLING

Bo Burnham (left) and Charlie Zack (right)

Sophomore Charlie Zack, an aspiring comedian, has been told for approximately 3 years that he is Bo Burnham’s look-alike. Burnham has been in the comedy scene since 2006, and he has been on four tours. One of his comedy specials, What. is available on both YouTube and Netflix. “I feel like I’m not as tall, lanky and awkward as him, but at the same time, I still think I am,” says Zack, who is a fan of Burnham’s comedy. “I feel like we have very similar humor,” said Zack. “Except, I’m funnier.”

maddy Cobie_Smulders

PHOTO BY MORIARTY

Maddy Moriarty (left) and Cobie Smulders (right)

Smulders plays the role of a news reporter from Canada in the TV show How I Met Your Mother. Many students have nominated Maddy Moriarty as her look-alike with reasonable cause. “It’s okay, I mean, she’s pretty but I think I’m prettier,” said Moriarty, “ That’s kind of a joke.” According to Moriarty, Mrs. Jordan, her eighth grade language arts teacher, was the first one to point them out as look-alikes.

Mr. Potato Head jacob

PHOTO BY MELLING

Mr. Potato Head (left) and Jacob Harding (right)

Mr. Potato Head, famous for his appearances in the Toy Story series, is a look-alike to Jacob Harding. “I don’t care,” said Harding about the comparison. His best friends agree with this comparison. “We always call Jacob a potato,” stated Zach Keith, Jacob’s friend who sits at his lunch table.

ron jack

PHOTO BY WILDER

Rupert Grint (left) and Jack Wilder (right)

Who wouldn’t be flattered to be compared to one of the wizards of Hogwarts? Surely not Jack Wilder, as he was ecstatic to hear he was being compared to the actor who plays Ron Weasley. Many of Wilder’s peers, such as Chris Taylor, have pointed him out as a look-alike of Rupert Grint, the actor who played Ron in all of the Harry Potter movies. “Jack tried to turn me into a rabbit once,” stated Taylor. Wilder has seen some Harry Potter movies but doesn’t claim to be the biggest fan. “I have watched all of the movies except the last one,” said Wilder.

jjarre connor

PHOTO BY MELLING

Jerome Jarre (left) and Connor Dougherty (right)

Jerome Jarre is a growing figure in the Vine community, as he already has made hundreds of popular Vines, similar to his look-alike Connor, who is also an established Vine-r, making funny vines. “It makes me feel amazing! I like squirrels and so does Jerome,” says sophomore Connor Dougherty.

composite_14155956634660

Senior Walker Vanhook (Left) and NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel (Right). PHOTO BY PAYIATIS

Both native Texans, senior Walker Van Hook and NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel have shared the journey to Ohio.  Manziel ended up in Ohio when he was drafted by the Cleveland Browns.  Walker moved to Ohio with his older brother Will Van Hook (2013) a Mariemont alumnus, and  parents for work related reasons.  Van Hook has applied to Texas A&M University, where Manziel played as quarterback during his collegiate career.  While many say Walker’s older brother, Will, shares more facial features with Manziel, there is still a strong resemblance between Walker and Manziel.  Who knows, maybe it will one day be uncovered that there is more than just Texan blood shared between what would make a Texas dynasty.

composite_14155957699584

Senior Maeve Harrington (Left) and actress Jennifer Stone (Right). PHOTO BY SIEGFRIED

Senior Maeve Harrington and movie star Jennifer Stone have more than just red hair in common.  Jennifer Stone, a former Disney star, is most known for her role as Harper Finkle on Disney Channel’s Wizards of Waverly Place .  Harrington dressed up as this character junior year during Spring Fling Spirit Week.

Freshman Max Geers (Left) and actor Jonah Hill (Right).

Freshman Max Geers (Left) and actor Jonah Hill (Right). PHOTO BY GEERS

Freshman Max Geers not only shares the the same hairstyle as Jonah Hill, but also the same sense of humor.  If placed in a room with either of these characters, you are bound to at least chuckle from a humorous remark.  Max Geers’ brother, senior Bailey Geers, often calls him “Hill”, a nickname spawned from this look-a-like.

Freshman Sydney Huber (Left) and actress Sasha Pieterse (Right).

Freshman Kenzie Huber (Left) and actress Sasha Pieterse (Right). PHOTO BY PAYIATIS

Freshman Kenzie Huber has been told by friends and classmates that she looks like Sasha Pieterse, an actress who played Alison DiLaurentis on ABC’s Pretty Little Liar’s.  Huber feels indifferent to the fact that she looks like the actress, partially because she has never watched the show.  Huber also has a twin sister, Sydney, who also looks like Pieterse, but could not be reached for comment or picture.

Looking like a celebrity is a matter of honor for some, shame for some, but for most, at least at Mariemont High School, it’s a matter of indifference. For the students that can relate to the celebrity’s personality, it’s a happy accident. All students pictured agreed to be part of this article.