What to Know: Week of 11/18-24

%28PHOTO+BY+LORILEI+BLACKETT%29+The+cast+of+%22Just+a+High+School+Play%22+during+rehearsal+last+week.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

What to Know: Week of 11/18-24

(PHOTO BY LORILEI BLACKETT) The cast of

(PHOTO BY LORILEI BLACKETT) The cast of "Just a High School Play" during rehearsal last week.

What to Know:

1. Last chance to buy tickets online for Mariemont High School’s rendition of “Just a High School Play”. Visit https://mariemonths.seatyourself.biz to purchase tickets online. The box office will be open on the nights of the play (Nov. 21-23 @ 7:30pm in the Auditorium). 
  2. There is a career chat for students interested in marketing Tues., Nov. 19, during Warrior Bell in the main office conference room.
  3. Key Club can food drive begins today. Bring in cans to help your class win a free breakfast courtesy of Key Club. All cans are due by Friday, Nov. 22.
  4. A 3D design turkey contest is being held this week. Contact Mrs. Colpi for more information.
  5. Boys and Girls bowling has their first competition at Brentwood Bowl against Wyoming on Tues. at 4pm. The teams also compete on Wed. against Summit Country Day at 4pm at Madison Bowl, and on Thurs. against Deer Park at 4pm at Brentwood Bowl.
  6. Cheerleading is hosting a car wash fundraiser at Carriage House Car Wash on Sat., Nov. 23 and Sun., Nov. 24 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.  The funds will be used for Nationals in Feb. 7-9
  7. The Junior physics launch project is due Wed., Nov. 20. The launch will take place on Thurs., Nov. 21 or Fri., Nov. 22.
  8. Intersession forms are due Tues., Nov. 26.
  9. Clubs:
  • Tuesday: FCA meeting before school, Environmental club recycling during warrior bell, Elementary school tutoring after school at Mariemont Elementary (talk to Jillian Teeters with questions) 
  • Wednesday: Sources of Strength is having a “bring your friend to lunch” meeting to encourage more participation in the student body.
  • Thursday: SPA meeting (for juniors) during lunch in Vanags, NHS meeting after school
  • Friday: Book club meeting before school in library, Pride+ during lunch in the auditorium, Can delivery for Key club members 

Holidays:

• Monday, November 18: Occult Day 
  • Tuesday, November, 19: Have a Bad Day Day 
  • Wednesday, November 20: Absurdity Day, Beautiful Day and Universal Children’s Day 
  • Thursday, November 21: False Confession Day, Great American Smokeout, World Hello Day 
  • Friday, November 22: Go for a Ride Day 
  • Saturday, November 23: Eat a Cranberry Day, National Adoption Day, National Cashew Day, National Espresso Day 
  • Sunday, November 24: All Our Uncles are Monkeys Day (Evolution Day)