Things to Know: Week of 3/9-15

(PHOTO BY @d311rod ON Instagram) Gabby Tollefsen, playing Elle in Legally Blonde the Musical on Friday, March 6, belted out the lyrics effortlessly.

What to Know:

1. All Juniors are taking the ACT on Tuesday, Mar. 10th, during 1st-5th bells.
  2. Tues., Mar. 10 is the last day of the Sources of Strength volleyball tournament. The competition will be held during Warrior Bell.
  3. DECA state is Sat., Mar. 14th at the Convention Center in Columbus.
  4. Latin Convention is Fri., Mar. 13th through Sun., Mar. 15th at Crowne Closet Columbus North in Columbus.
  5. Sports this week include:
      • Weds., Mar. 11: Girls Lacrosse has a scrimmage against Turpin at Mariemont High School at 6 pm (JV) and 7 pm (Varsity)
      • Fri., Mar. 13: Boys Lacrosse plays Mason at Mason High School at 5:30 pm (JV) and 7:30 pm (Varsity)
  6. Girls Lacrosse and Boys Lacrosse had a preseason scrimmage tournament on Sat., Mar. 7. No scores were given.
  7. There will be a College Essay lesson for all juniors on March 11th during English classes. All junior English classes should report to the library.
  8. The March SAT will take place Sat., Mar. 14th in schools around the area.
  9. Construction Updates:
    • Placement of steel for the elevator in the new building will begin on Monday
    • Prep work for chiller lift was done last friday
    • A crane for the chiller lift will come Monday morning around 9-9:30 and will leave school grounds on Monday as well
    • This crane will be back during Spring Break however for more tasks
  10. CCPC News:
      • Materials for local scholarships for seniors are due in the CCPC by April 2 (for overall info click here). 
      • The Amy Weiss Memorial scholarship is available for current Girl Scouts and graduating seniors, the deadline to apply is April 30 (to apply click here to donate click here)  
      • Students are switching from Naviance to Scoir (college and career planning tools) and students have until May 1st to move their information
  11. Clubs:
      • Tues., Mar. 10: Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) before school in the auditorium, Art Club during warrior bell in the downstairs art room, Environmental club recycling during Warrior bell, Elementary school tutoring after school at Mariemont Elementary
      • Wed., Mar. 11: Elementary school tutoring after school at Terrace Park Elementary
      • Thur. Mar. 12: Art club after school in the downstair’s art room
      • Fri., Mar. 13:  Book club before school in the cafeteria (reading The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer), PRIDE+ during lunch in the auditorium
  12. Holidays:
    • Mon., Mar. 9: Panic Day
    • Tues., Mar. 10: International Find a Pay Phone Booth Day, Middle Name Pride Day, Purim (Jewish Holiday that commemorates the saving of the Jewish people from Haman) 
    • Wed., Mar. 11: Johnny Appleseed Day, Worship of Tools Day
    • Thurs., Mar. 12: Girl Scouts Day, Plant a Flower Day, Popcorn Lover’s Day
    • Fri., Mar. 13: Blame Someone Else Day, Earmuff Day, Friday the 13th, Jewel Day 
    • Sat., Mar. 14: Learn About Butterflies Day, National Potato Chip Day, National Pi Day 
    • Sun., Mar. 15: Dumbstruck Day, Everything You Think is Wrong Day, Ides of March