Things to Know Week of 3/23-29

Things to Know Week of 3/23-29

Things to Know:

1. Mike DeWine issued a statewide Stay at Home Order on Sunday, March 22. The order begins at 11:59 PM on Monday, March 23. The order mandates that all nonessential businesses be closed. Playgrounds will be closed, and restrictions will be placed on daycare. Grocery stores, take out restaurants and pharmacies will remain open. For more updates from Governor Mike DeWine, check your local television station at 2 pm everyday. 
  2. To access the online schooling schedule for next week (3/29-4/4) click here.
  3. Construction on the new building remains on target. Both Turner, the construction company, and MSA, the architects are fully operational. 
  4. AP tests:
      • The test will consist of a 45-minute online free-response exam 
      • There are 2 different testing dates; for students who would like to take it sooner rather than later
      • The College Board is offering free online resources for students to use (to access click here)  
      • The curriculum on the tests will be information that should have been covered by early March 
      • Colleges aren’t treating the tests any differently and credit will be provided for passing scores 
      • For information on specific tests (timelines, dates, and curriculum click here)
  5. CCPC News:
      • The local scholarship deadline will remain on April 2nd (for overall info click here). 
      • The April 4th ACT and May 2nd SAT were cancelled. 
      • The Amy Weiss Memorial scholarship is available for current Girl Scouts and graduating seniors, the deadline to apply is April 30 (to apply click here to donate click here).
      • Students are switching from Naviance to Scoir (college and career planning tools) and students have until May 1st to move their information.
  6. Holidays:
    • Mon., Mar. 23: National Chip and Dip Day, National Puppy Day, Near Miss Day, Melba Toast Day
    • Tues., Mar. 24: National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
    • Wed., Mar. 25: Feast of Annunciation, World Agriculture Day, Pecan Day, Waffle Day
    • Thur., Mar. 26: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, National Spinach Day
    • Fri., Mar. 27: National “Joe” Day
    • Sat., Mar. 28: Something on a Stick Day
    • Sun., Mar. 29: National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day, Smoke and Mirrors Day
  7. Teachers have been busy through last week planning for our return from Spring Break, using Zoom for video conferencing and many are tweeting about their experiences:
    Mrs. Leatherwood (@LeatherwoodAmy) tweets her plans for becoming Tik Tok famous. Mr. Becksfort, (@MrBecksfort) stirs the pot. 3/17/20

Ms. Reilly Tweets @ms_liz_reilly_ (Ms. Reilly) tweets after online training with teachers, shoutout to @szabomhs (Mrs. Szabo) , 3/19/20