Things to Know Week of 3/30-4/3

The Mariemont Staff says welcome back in an email sent out on Sunday, March 30.

Things to Know:

1. Monday, March 30 marks the first day of online classes for students. For more information, click here. If you want more information on what is required of you in each class, click here.
    2. Governor Mike DeWine held a press conference Sunday, March 29 at 2 PM to discuss stations that will be able to clean ventilators and make them reusable. This will help hotspot areas who need more ventilators.

Uplifting tweet from Governor Mike DeWine @GovMikeDeWine on Twitter on March 25.
    3. CCPC News: 
      • The local scholarship deadline will remain on April 2nd (for overall info click here). 
      • The April 4th ACT and May 2nd SAT were cancelled. 
      • The Amy Weiss Memorial scholarship is available for current Girl Scouts and graduating seniors, the deadline to apply is April 30 (to apply click here to donate click here).
      • Students are switching from Naviance to Scoir (college and career planning tools), and students have until May 1st to move their information.
      • Cincinnati Academy of Performing Arts is holding a Film Camp, June 8th-19th (click here for more info).
      • The Cincinnati Sports Club is hiring. To apply you must be 18 by April 1 (for details click here). 
      • Purdue University is holding a Women in Engineering Program on April 20 for juniors and seniors (click here for more info). 
    4. Here’s what students say they are doing to stay active during quarantine (from Instagram poll @mhswarpath_):
      • “Trying our new recipes!!!” – @aekapcar
      • “Preparing for Remote Learning” – @warriorsbeyond
      • “Crafting with the boys, obviously” – @the.foley
      • “Puzzles!!” – @elizabethbonnell
      • “Painting my closet door” – @price_sydneyy
      • “Cleaning, writing scholarship essays, working out, reading, making friendship bracelets!” – @ms.jillian

Holidays:

• Mon., Mar. 30: I am in Control Day, National Doctor’s Day, Take a Walk in the Park Day, Turtle Neck Soup Day
    • Tues., Mar. 31: Bunsen Burner Day, National Clam on the half Shell Day, National Crayon Day, World Backup Day
    • Wed., Apr. 1: April Fool’s Day, Atheist Day, International Fun at Work Day, International Tatting Day, National Walking Day
    • Thurs., Apr. 2: Children’s Book Day, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, Reconciliation Day
    • Fri., Apr. 3: Don’t go to Work Unless it’s Fun Day, National Walk to Work Day, Tweed Day, World Party Day
    • Sat., Apr. 4: Hug a Newsman Day, Walk Around Things Day, School Librarian Day, Tell a Lie Day, World Rat Day